In Windows, The Admin account is disabled by default. You can enable it by using below steps. This Admin account is disabled because of security purpose.
In companies, we get to enable it because we need to apply security policies like Disable admin privilege or USB block etc. You can follow below steps to enable it and make sure you give a strong password after enable.
Enable or Disable using Command Prompt (cmd)
- Open CMD (Admin) using the WIN+X key and then click on command prompt: –
- Type below commands to enable the Administrator account-
C:\> net user administrator /active:yes
- To Disable it type below command: –
C:\> net user administrator /active:no
You can verify the account in the control panel.
Now you can login in Admin account and can set a password.
Enable or Disable Administrator account through Computer Management: –
- Open Computer Management (Press WIN+x button then click on Computer management)
You can open by right click on my computer and Manage: –
- The screen will open for computer management: –
- Expand the System Tool then Local users and groups and click on Users: –
- Right Click on the Administrator, go to Properties: –
- Doing Check or Uncheck you can enable or disable the Administrator account: –
Now you can login in Admin account and can set a password or else you can set the password like below image.