Did you forget the Windows Login Password? You can reset this password using below steps:
Steps to reset the password:
- Restart the Windows:
- Insert your bootable disk and press Boot key (Different manufacturer have different key like Lenovo have F12)
- Choose Bootable drive from options and press any key to start setup.
- Select Your language, Time and Keyboard. Click on Next: –
- Go to Repair your computer and then Click on Troubleshoot: –
- In Troubleshoot, click on Advance Option: –
- Then select Command or You can press Shift+F10 key to open command prompt directly: –
- In CMD type C: and hit enter: –
- Type cd windows and hit Enter: –
- Type cd system32 and hit enter: –
- Now type below command and hit enter: –
ren utilman.exe utilman_1.exe
Here we are re-naming Utility Manager name with another name.
- Now again type below command and hit enter: –
copy cmd.exe utilman.exe
And type >exit
- Now turn off your PC and restart it: –
- Click on Ease of Access and it will open CMD (command Prompt): –
- Type below command and hit enter: –
net user <user name> <password which you want to set>
- Now type new password and can login: –
Now again we have to change the name of Utility Manager by using below steps: –
Browse C >Windows > System32 and search Utilman_1.exe
Change the name of Utilman_1.exe to Utilman.exe
You can face an error: –
“You require permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this File”
You can resolve this using below steps: –
- Right click on Utilman1.exe and go to the Properties.
- Go to Security Tab then Advanced: –
- It will open a Window with Advance Security Setting for Utilman, Click on Change Permission then Owner (change permission): –
- Type your username and check Name: –
- Then hit on OK then apply and then OK
- Now go to the user and click on edit: –
- Again select the user and give permission at below (check the box): –
- Click Apple and confirm: –
- Now try to Change the name.
Using these steps you can change the Admin password when you forgot it.